All on Four is a great way to get dental implants fast
It is not uncommon to hear or see these phrases in websites and mailers. It is confusing to understand when these are presented to patients or when you are trying to get a consult and cannot make a decision about what’s the best option for you. The following will help you get a idea of the various options that one can consider for their jaws.
One of the most annoying things that patients always complain is the miserable denture that you have to remove each day and place in a container overnight. It is embarrassing, incapacitating, unaesthetic, and not appealing. Patients choose dental implants to eliminate this misery of having to remove their teeth. It is for this reason there is a big demand for dental implants which anchor dentures and bridges so that it increases ones confidence and increases their ability to chew and enjoy their food.
Another goal of All on Four® type of treatment is to facilitate immediate loading or immediate function so that the denture can be eliminated soon after the surgery and the patient is able to have a fixed prosthesis rather than the removable denture
However dental implant options vary with factors like available bone in the jaw, number of implants, time required for treatment, need for multiple surgeries and cost. The options are as follows – it may not necessarily be placed in any particular hierarchy, but a good comparative analysis for understanding purposes.
1. A Ceramic fixed bridge with no pink prosthesis to mimic the gums – These are supported by multiple implants – there needs to be available bone and implants placed precisely to provide for ideal esthetic result. This type of treatment is the closest to having ones own teeth replaced. This is the most natural and comfortable type of treatment implants can provide.
2. All of Four® – This is an option when a denture is converted to fixed bridge with fewer implants – This is considered when the patient has lost a lot of bone and four implants are placed in an angulated fashion so that the denture is retained with screws. Some practitioners remove bone deliberately to make this type of treatment possible. The All on Four treatment requires special guides to avoid vital structures and most often the patient leaves with the denture affixed with screws. The patient is advised to be on a soft diet
3. Overdentures – This option is provided to patients when cost is a consideration since only 2 or 4 implants are inserted to provide support for a removable denture. The patient gets to keep their denture and the implants provide retention and stability for the prosthesis. This treatment is the most cost effective and rewarding for patients who have trouble keeping their denture in and have to constantly use either Fixodent or Polygrip.
What is All on Four®?
All-on-4® is a concept that was developed in the 1990’s for total rehabilitation of edentulous or tooth loss. The All-on-4 procedure is best suited for patients with significant tooth loss or decay and for patients with bone loss in the jaw area, which prevents them from getting dental implants. All-on-4 was created as an option for the patients.
The all-on-4® procedure consists of placing four implants in the mandible which are supported by a fixed prosthesis with 12 to 14 teeth. This will be placed on the same day as the surgery. A fully customized denture (bridge) will support the four titanium implants which support the prosthetic teeth.
All on Four® Cost?
The pricing for All on 4 may vary for each country or region, and normally it is divided in two phases. The first phase involves removing any remaining teeth, and placing the four dental implants along with an immediate temporary bridge secured to the four implants.
A few months after the first phase, once complete healing and bonding of the implants to the bone has taken place, a final bridge is usually fabricated. This bridge typically consists of a metal framework, which strengthens the system, and often has a few more posterior teeth. These type of teeth are porcelain or acrylic. The All-on-4 treatment concept can be used successfully with alternative implants.
• The permanent teeth can be brushed and cleaned like natural teeth
• Do not have to be taken out
• Do not need adhesives
• Are comfortable because they do not press down on your gums
• Allow you to experience the hot and cold of your food, as well as the taste
• Allow you to bite with increased force (up to 70% more), so you can eat all of
your favorite foods again
• Prevent bone deterioration
• Restore your facial features
All-on-4® implants are a permanent set of teeth that look and feel natural in comparison to a denture. When you have adequate bone you should really consider the fixed bridge with multiple implants for a real feel of natural dentition.
Teeth in a day:
All of the options presented can be done in one day and if you are a candidate you can walk out of our office with a provisional fixed bridge the same time as the implant are placed to receive your “Teeth in a day”. We also provide immediate smiles with cosmetic dentistry.
Our patients come from many different local areas such as:
Clark, Roselle Park, Union, Metuchen, Newark, Summit, Springfield, Kearny, Edison, Chatham, Weehawken, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Hoboken, New York