Past-President of American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), Clinical Assistant Professor Rutgers School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Iyer graduated with honors from the New York University College of Dentistry in 1994 and went on to pursue graduate studies in Prosthodontics from the same University. He taught as a clinical Assistant Professor for several years at NYU’s department of Post Graduate Prosthodontics. Currently he holds two appointments in the departments of Periodontics and Prosthodontics at Rutgers’ University Dental School, New Jersey.
SHANKAR IYER DDS, MDS, FDSRCPS (Glasgow)
- Past-President AAID
- Clinical Asst. Professor, Departments of PG Periodontics, PG Prosthodontics and Implant Fellowship Programs, Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
- Course Director, AAID Maxicourse Asia – Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, India
- Past President NE District, AAID
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Editorial Board, Journal of Oral Implantology
- Chairman Global Committee, AAID
- Private Practice limited to Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists
- Co-Director AAID Maxicourses – Las Vegas, Rutgers University, Iran, Egypt and Malta.
- Fellow, International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Conducted courses and made presentations in over 30 countries
- Published several articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Director, Smile USA Center for Reconstructive Dentistry
- President, Smile USA Center for Educational Excellence