Past-President of American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), Clinical Assistant Professor Rutgers School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Iyer graduated with honors from the New York University College of Dentistry in 1994 and went on to pursue graduate studies in Prosthodontics from the same University. He taught as a clinical Assistant Professor for several years at NYU’s department of Post Graduate Prosthodontics. Currently he holds two appointments in the departments of Periodontics and Prosthodontics at Rutgers’ University Dental School, New Jersey.
SHANKAR IYER DDS, MDS, FDSRCPS (Glasgow)
- Past-President AAID
- Clinical Asst. Professor, Departments of PG Periodontics, PG Prosthodontics and Implant Fellowship Programs, Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
- Course Director, AAID Maxicourse Asia – Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, India
- Past President NE District, AAID
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Editorial Board, Journal of Oral Implantology
- Chairman Global Committee, AAID
- Private Practice limited to Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists
- Co-Director AAID Maxicourses – Las Vegas, Rutgers University, Iran, Egypt and Malta.
- Fellow, International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Conducted courses and made presentations in over 30 countries
- Published several articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Director, Smile USA Center for Reconstructive Dentistry
- President, Smile USA Center for Educational Excellence
Dr. Jacob completed his Residency in Maxillofacial Prosthetics at UCLA, 1997, California, USA.
Awards: Audrey Meyer Mars international fellowship by the American Cancer Society - 1996.
Academic Appointments: Professor and consultant, Dept. of Prosthodontics and Implantology, Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences. Academician since 1994.
Private Practice Appointments: Since 1998, focusing on Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Dental implants and full mouth Rehabilitation. Consultant at Mazumdar Show Medical Center and Aster Hospital, Bangalore, India. Memberships: Executive council member, Indian Prosthodontic Society.
Certified speaker of International team of Implantology.
Key opinion leader for ESPE, Zimmer, Country Representative to the Europen Prosthodontic Association.
Dr. Acharya completed his Prosthodontic Residency at NYU in 2012 and his Maxillofacial Prosthodontics and Oral Oncology fellowship at The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston.
Awards: Adisman Award - Outstanding Graduation Resident (NYU 2012) Famdent Outstanding Dentist of the Year (Mumbai 2018 & 2019).
Private Practice Appointments: Acharya Dental, Chennai since 2013 focused on Maxillofacial Prosthetics, dental Implants, Full mouth rehabilitations and cosmetic dentistry.
Memberships: Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics Fellow, American College of Prosthodontics Associate Fellow, American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthodontics.
Key Opinion Leader: BioHorizons, Versah, Bredent, B&B Implants.